Monday, September 12, 2016

Blog Entry One - Why I Chose Disney


“I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing…. That it was all started by a mouse.”  - Walt Disney 


 For Walt Disney it all started with a mouse, for me it all started with at trip to the happiest place on earth when I was 5 months old. Since then I have been to Walt Disney World in Florida a few handfuls of times, loving each time more than the last. I chose to write about Disney because it has always been something that makes me truly happy. Whether it’s listening to the music, watching the movies or physically being there it takes me to a whole new world. 

Disney is hugely known for it's spectacular animation in children movies like The Little Mermaid and The Jungle Book. Classic Disney movies like Cinderella, Tarzan and Mulan are instantly recognized as Disney cinematic masterpieces. However more scarcely known Disney movies like my personal favorite, Bedknobs and Broomsticks (one of the first movies to combine live action and animation) and The Black Cauldron remain diamonds in the rough. There are over 500 Disney movies (some cartoons and some live action) and that number will only continue to grow. Movies from before the Disney Renaissance are still watched my millions of people, and new movies such as Frozen are also extremely popular. 

With four parks in Disney World there is something for everyone to enjoy. Aspiring film stars can walk Hollywood Blvd. and experience the great movie ride which feature classic movie set pieces (such as munchkinland from the Wizard of Oz). Pirates and Princesses can spend their time in Magic Kingdom riding magic carpets or finding captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean. Travel gurus can experience 11 cultures in an afternoon in EPCOT's world showcase, and countless adventures await you at Disney's Animal Kingdom. No matter what kind of person you are or what kind of things you like there's something for everyone. 

Disney is so much more than animated children's movies and theme parks. It's the amazing feeling you get when you walk into the Magic Kingdom and see Cinderella's castle for the first time, and dropping 13 stories on the Tower of Terror in Holywood Studios. The feeling you have when you stay for light’s out and you are the only visitor left in the park is undescribable.  The goal of my blog is to show you all more than what is on the surface of the Walt Disney Corporation, and to spark interest and your imaginations.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Disney, as well. I totally agree with them having something for everyone with their four parks! I have not seen your favorite Disney film, but I will definitely have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bedknobs and Broomsticks is a classic. I've seen it a couple dozen times probably. Excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete